WELCOME TO CHIRON
CHIRON is an European Research Project co-financed by the ARTEMIS Joint Undertaking (call 2009 – Artemis Sub-program ASP2: Person-centric Healthcare).
The CHIRON1 Project intends to combine state-of-the art technologies and innovative solutions into an integrated framework designed for an effective and person-centric health management along the complete care cycle.
In this vision,
- CHIRON will address and harmonize the needs and interests of all the three main beneficiaries of the healthcare process, i.e., the citizens using the services, the medical professionals and the whole community;
- CHIRON will position the citizens at the core of the whole healthcare cycle by considering them as “persons” with specificities and identities and will empower them to manage their own health;
- CHIRON will enlarge the boundaries of healthcare by fostering a seamless integration of clinical setting, at home setting and mobile setting in a concept of a continuum of care;
- CHIRON will speed up the move from treatment of acute episodes to prevention;
- CHIRON will provide the physicians with extensive support for treatment monitoring and management, timely decisions and appropriate actions in both the clinical and home environments.